South Island Beer Festival | Nov 2023
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Held at the historic Ilam Homestead, and with over 30 beers and ciders from craft breweries all over the South Island, the South Island Beer Festival is always a great day out. So much so, it has been voted Best Canterbury Beer Event by the members of the Society of Beer Advocates (SOBA) for many years on the trot!
Ticket price includes festival glass, wristband and program plus five beers. $45 early bird tickets on sale now while stocks last!
Further top up beverage tickets will be available on the day for five beers these cost $30.
FAQ's and Things to Note ....
- Our licensing has changed ever so slightly from previous years so everyone attending and within our licensed area must now be a ticket holder.
- You can purchase the following tickets online:
- General Admission Ticket - you will receive a collectible festival glass, an identifying wristband, a card for your first 5 drinks (beer, wine or cider), voting form for best beer and a program.
- Sober Ticket - you will receive a festival sober glass & an identifying wristband. Please note that as a sober ticket holder you will not be able to purchase or use a drink card for alcoholic beverages.
- You can use your main ticket card to purchase beer, wine and cider. If you are a sober-driver and/or not planning to drink alcohol please select that as your ticket option - you will be given a glass and will be able to purchase non-alcoholic drinks without a drinks ticket. Non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased from the inside bar.
- This is a Supervised event, no unaccompanied minors can attend.
- Entrance to the festival is strictly via the front doors of the building. Here your ticket will be checked, you will be given your festival glass and a wrist band according to your ticket type. Please note that only those with a purchased matching main ticket wristband (don't take them off you will be refused service) and festival glass will be able to purchase/use the drinks tickets.
- Water is freely available on the veranda and at the end of the Tent Bar for drinking or washing out your glasses.
- We ring the bell and call for last drinks at 5.15pm. All bars stop serving at 5.30pm on the dot so you will still have time to finish your last drinks before we close at 6pm.
- Please leave your fur-babies at home - dogs even on leashes are not permitted on site (registered service dogs are welcome).
- Our internal bathroom plumbing cannot cope with the large numbers attending. You will find portaloos behind the food vendors. We will also have a mobility access toilet available inside.
- We will have very limited door sales available - we recommend making sure you plan in advance. We cannot guarantee that door sales will be available on the day.
- We go ahead rain or shine - just dress appropriately!
- Doors open just before 12noon. Unlike previous years no access to the licensed lawn area prior to this is allowed.
- You cannot bring previous event glasses to our events. Please leave them at home.
- You cannot bring your own beverages to the event. Water is freely available and non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased from the inside bar or from the food vendors.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic food, blankets, chairs to sit on :o)
- Children under 10 no tickets required. We ask you to use your discretion when planning to bring your children to this event as it does involve alcohol.
Regarding Covid, this event will be run in accordance with all legislation and government regulations that are applicable at the time of the event.